Follow me on Twitter

Friday, October 21, 2011

Thank you!

Well, yesterday I really did not feel like running.  I woke up tired, cold, and grumpy.  There was no way I was going to set foot outside on that cold and wet cement. The thought of running on a treadmill at the gym didn't work for me either.

I hate to say it, but I am what you might call a fair weather runner.  I get cold easily and that first step out the door is really hard if it is cold at all.  So, I resort to the treadmill on the cold or wet days.  The saddest part about that is that I live in Seattle :(  You know what that means.  That I run outside twice a year.  Well, I guess it's not that bad.

So back to yesterday.  I decided to do a couple of chores around the house.  Then I got to thinking.  I will be mad at myself if I don't get my run in and I want to motivate my readers to get out there and move even when you don't feel like it.

So, I laced up my running shoes, strapped on my i-pod, stepped out the door and started my run.  You know what, it was a great run!  I ran 5 miles in 40 minutes and I felt great!  It even rained on me and I didn't mind.  I think this has changed my perspective on running in the rain/cold.  It was actually quite pleasant to run in the rain.

Thank you my trusty followers for motivating me to lace up my shoes and go for it!

Happy Running!

You might also like:

5 comments:

  1. You are so brave. I quit running many years back. I wish I can pick up my shoes and run again. You have inspired me. Thanks for linking up to Welcome to Weekend Blog Hop. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard. I usually don't think about it and just get dressed and go. It's when I give myself time to think about it I weasel my way out of it! Glad you got out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by for the blog hop!! now following....

    stop by if you get the chance & enter some giveaways! http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought while reading your post was the only run I ever regret is the one I didn't do. WTG getting out there when you didn't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an encouraging post. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete