Follow me on Twitter

Monday, October 17, 2011

I Am a Runner

Here is an entry from my new page Runner Chronicles.

I am a runner.  Sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it, but running is a part of me.  I love to push my body to its limits and see how far I can take it.  I love to know that I can go outside and run for miles and miles.  I love that I can do something that makes other people feel like throwing up.  I am a runner.

I have lost toenails. I have had chaffing. I have made emergency pit stops on the race course.  Yes, I am a woman and I have had to pee in the bushes because the line to the port-a-potty was too long and the race was about to start.  I am a runner.

I have almost cried when I found out my favorite running shoe was discontinued.  I have used my fair share of Tums and Advil post race.  I have limped for days. I have blown my nose on my shirt and spit in the bushes (not ladylike I know).  Why do I do this to myself?  Because I am a runner and although it is not always pretty, it is something I treasure and with God's help, nothing can take it away from me.

I have run 19 races total from 5k's to a full marathon (only 1) and even though I have never come close to winning any of them, I have enjoyed each and every experience.

Follow along with me as I log my runs, give race advice, post my favorite running gear and whatever else I feel like typing.  I hope I can motivate you to lace up your running shoes and take to the trails.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, can I relate to some of those same things!
    I don't always want to go for a run but I'm always glad I did.

    ReplyDelete