Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Small Changes

Bonnie at Creating a House of Grace is blogging about small changes you can make for better health.  Her tip today is to drink more water which I bet most of us can improve on.  I know I can.

I know you need to be smart about your water intake on a hike especially on a hot summer day.  If you are out of water, you are out of luck. I always make sure to fill the boys' Camelbaks to the max and bring extra water in my pack just in case.

My small change that I have started is taking a multi-vitamin daily.  I don't know about you, but every time I used to take a multi in the morning, I would feel nauseous an hour later.  So, I stopped taking them.  My sister started selling Shaklee products and she gave me some of her vitamins to try.  They are the only multi-vitamins I can take without feeling sick.

Now I have more energy daily and have the vitamins and minerals I need to go the long haul on a 10 mile hike.

What about you?  What small change can you make to live a healthier life?

Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment