Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Runner Chronicles

10-18-11
I ran the Leavenworth 1/2 Marathon on October 15th with my friend and my husband (more on this later).  This was my friend's first one and she emailed me the night before to ask me if I had any last minute advice for her.  Here is what I said:

Layers are good so you can take the top layer off and tie around your waist if you get hot.  Moisture wicking socks if you have them to prevent blisters.  Clip your toenails short.

Make sure your i-pod is fully charged.  Very frustrating to run out of tunes at the halfway point.  Been there done that.  Really sad :(

If you have a visor or running hat to keep the sun out of your face (supposed to be sunny). 

Advil or pain reliever of choice and maybe Tums or Immodium  if you get an upset tummy.  Also preferred breakfast or pre-running food.

Lastly, make sure you go to the bathroom (if you know what I mean) before the race.

Hydrate today all day.

Don’t stress, it will be really fun!

Too much info? :)

And this is my advice to anyone running a long distance race. Read more at Runner Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment