Follow me on Twitter

Monday, May 21, 2012

Boulder River


The weather has been really nice here in Seattle (until yesterday) so I made sure to take advantage and be active outside instead of in the gym.   I decided to go on a hike with a friend, to Boulder River just past Arlington WA.  The weather was a little cloudy but ended up being sunny and perfect weather for a hike.  There were only 2 other cars parked at the trailhead so we practically had the place to ourselves.  The total mileage for this hike is 8.6 miles, but with our time constraints (had to pick kids up from school), we only made it 7 miles round trip.  Oh well, maybe next time:)

This is the 3rd time I have attempted this hike.  Here, you can read about the 1st time and 2nd time and find directions to Boulder River.

The best part about this hike is that it can be done year round.  With many hikes here in Western Washington, you have to worry about snow covered trails well into June and even sometimes July.  This hike is almost guaranteed to be snow free unless you do it in the middle of winter.  Love it!

I hope you get a chance to visit this hiking destination.  It's well maintained and is much less crowded than many of the better known trails.  The views are amazing and hopefully one day, when I have more time, I will actually make it to the top:) 

Have a great day and happy hiking!
Twin Falls

Boulder River

There was some sort of photo shoot going on down there.



 







2 comments:

  1. The third time was almost the charm! Looks like a nice waterfall - and I do love me a good waterfall hike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog Pacific Northwest Seasons! Love your concept here, too. Glad you're getting your kids out and hope you instill in them a love of the forests and wilds of the Northwest to carry into the future. I've done Boulder River Hike, but has been quite a few years since I've strayed up there.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete