Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Walking and Hiking Groups for 50+

I just read about this in the Seattle Times.  The article says that they have created a website to help people 50+ stay healthy in the New Year.  They have created this website about Seattle-area hiking and walking programs, including maps and links to the area's best walking areas!  This is such a great idea!  Go here to check it out.

As I said in my post about "Hiking Safety", it is important to have a hiking partner to stay safe on your hike.  This is a perfect opportunity to find active, like minded people to enjoy the outdoors with. 

I hope you can take advantage of some of this info and enjoy all the Pacific Northwest has to offer!

Happy Hiking!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool because many people are not comfortable venturing out on trails by themselves. Here, in SF Bay Area, there are plenty of organized hikes. If only more couch potatoes would get off their couches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe I saw this for a reason today. I just took my family on a hike yesterday and thought to myself, "I can do this alone". Probably a bad idea, I'll have to check out what groups there are here in Phoenix. :)

    ReplyDelete